The Gender and Politics Network was created to provide a platform for scholars and other professionals who share an interest in issues and debates around gender and politics.
The group’s aims are:
- To promote the study of gender and politics within mainstream political science and other related disciplines.
- To build a network of scholars interested in investigating the different aspects of the relationship between gender and politics.
- To have a direct and real impact on the practice, teaching and the study of politics.
- To provide a platform for exchange and facilitate contact and communication between scholars engaged in the study of gender and politics.
- To facilitate research co-operation on topics in the areas of gender and politics, by promoting equality in the profession.
- To organise, initiate and invite contributions on gender politics at the NZPSA conferences, workshops and other events, as well as awarding prizes.