Gender & politics Network
The Gender and Politics Network was created to provide a platform for scholars and other professionals who share an interest in issues and debates around gender and politics.
The group’s aims are:
- To promote the study of gender and politics within mainstream political science and other related disciplines.
- To build a network of scholars interested in investigating the different aspects of the relationship between gender and politics.
- To have a direct and real impact on the practice, teaching and the study of politics.
- To provide a platform for exchange and facilitate contact and communication between scholars engaged in the study of gender and politics.
- To facilitate research co-operation on topics in the areas of gender and politics, by promoting equality in the profession.
- To organise, initiate and invite contributions on gender politics at the NZPSA conferences, workshops and other events, as well as awarding prizes.
- Jennifer Curtin (Contact) - email@example.com feminism, gender, political institutions, careers, leadership and voting behaviour
- Heather Devere – Heather.Devere@otago.ac.nz women, politics and friendship; gender and the media; gender in peace and conflict studies
- Sylvia Frain - firstname.lastname@example.org indigenous women’s resistance to political colonisation and American militarisation in the Marianas Archipelago
- Lara Greaves – Lara.Greaves@auckland.ac.nz gender, sexuality and political identity; statistical models of voter preference and turnout
- Bronwyn Hayward – Bronwyn.email@example.com women, youth, political participation and civic engagement
- Janine Hayward - Janine.Hayward@otago.ac.nz Gender and local government, Treaty of Waitangi politics, NZ Constitutionalism
- Priya Kurian - firstname.lastname@example.org (Women’s Caucus Rep, Co-editor Women Talking Politics), women, feminism, gender and culture, development and environment
- Carla Lam - Carla.Lam@otago.ac.nz history of ideas, body theory, new materialism or post-constructionist feminism, feminist studies of science and technology
- Suzanne Loughlin - email@example.com Feminism, peacekeeping, interventions, foreign aid, international humanitarian and development practice
- Sally Morrison - Sally.Morrison@gmail.com women, gender and security studies
- Gauri Nandedkar - firstname.lastname@example.org intersections of policy, adolescent girls and empowerment programmes
- Greta Snyder - Greta.Snyder@vuw.ac.nz (Co-editor, Women Talking Politics), feminist political theory
- Lena Tan - Lena.Tan@otago.ac.nz Feminism, constructivism, postcolonial approaches to international relations, decolonization, development & aid, Indonesian security and foreign policy
- Tidavadee Tongdethsri - email@example.com Gender and environment, climate change, democracy, developing countries, social development